Thursday, December 29, 2011

Feliz Navidad

Hey everyone!!

I hope everyone had an awesome fun Christmas! and I hope you all got a chance to attend church and have an opportunity to think of our savior Jesus Christ.

This Christmas has been the first time I have been without my family and it made me realize how much I miss them how much I miss all of you. But there is really nothing like serving others and the lord on Christmas. On Christmas day we had the opportunity to take some investigators to church, we took a family of 6 the castillo´s and a lady named Jennifer. They all loved it even though the power went out in the middle of sacrament meeting. I loved singing Christmas hymns!

We also had the confirmation of our newest convert Josue Albuquerque. He was baptised on Friday. His baptism was really crazy! We got to the baptism with him and his family at 7 ( when it was supposed to start) and there was no water in the font......even though we filled it up all the way that morning. So we had to fill it up fast with buckets . There weren't very many people at the baptism but the spirit was very strong. I shared the spiritual message (with horrible Spanish)... but every thing turned out good. Josue was baptized by his grandpa, he was very excited and happy to become a member of the church.

Saturday was very eventful we had a Christmas lunch at our zone leaders mamita´s house and we ate shrimp and duck, it was pretty good actually. Then we went back to our house with the zone leaders and two other elders and had a little bbq, we had steak and potatoes and we all bought hammocks and just laid around and watched the best two years.

I had a very fun and spiritual Christmas, and I hope you all did too.

I hope you all strive to become more like Christ everyday, think about the new year coming up and how you can improve, and become more Christlike. This is why we are here on the earth.

I love you all

Elder Jase Warner

No comments: